Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Virgo

My Virgo

Party until dawn
Another teenage jerk
Party until death
Daddy’s genes at work
Addiction and jokes
A genetic seed
Planted a birth
Fed by greed
Sixteen and he knows it all
Sixteen and still growing
If only I could show him
That I know what he’s not knowing
So I watch him stumble
And I watch him fall
I watch him drown
Lost underneath it all
Smoking and drinking
Popping pills and lying
My sweet little Virgo
I fear he is dying
I see his bones in his skin
His eyes sunken in
Black as pitch
Where do I begin
He says he wants out
He says he’ll do it any way
He says he hates his life
That there’s no reason to stay
My little virgo
So fragile and scarred
He cries in my arms
Mom why is it so hard
Why do I hate it so
Why do I anger
Why am I still here
Why must I linger
My heart fills with sadness
A hopeless void again
I cannot keep him safe
I cannot take his pain
So drugs are his vice
And he loves them each day
He comes to me with hugs
And a slur of things to say
He’s so thin so frail
He’s so sad and alone
He’s got a girl to keep him high
On anything, any unknown
So I watch my son wither
And I watch my son fade
And I fear my sun will die
As my son melts in the shade
God help him please
It will destroy me
I cannot give more than what’s been taken
Please take no more
All I have is within his soul
I cannot bear to think of him lost
I cannot bear to think of him gone
I cannot bury him
He cannot die
Or so shall I

No comments:

Post a Comment