Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Mistake

How is it that I can bestow a kindness and still be thought heartless
How is it that I can see the good in all there is and still be thought fake
My broken heart sees all there is in the light and the dark
My broken heart can handle only all that I allow it
I should not have thought it was alright to let you help me
I should not have thought you would be alright
Your broken heart sees no light or dark
Your broken heart sees only black and white
How can I accept a kindness and think you are simply kind
How can I see your kindness and not see inside your pain
I’m sorry I mistook your generosity as time only to be near me
I am sorry your heart bleeds with desire for only my love
I am sorry I cannot give you the piece of you that has stuck to me
And I am sorry I have asked more of you than is fair in our separateness
Please heal so I can heal



It is very difficult to remember the newness of being apart when it is so easy to fall into the familiarity of being together. I know she wishes to help when I need helping and I would do the same. I just have to remember that I am done and she is not. When I ask her help it builds on a hope that I still need her. When I accept her help I accept as I would from a friend. I am sorry about tonight. I should have known better. I'll get better at this. I just love her so much and I will always.

No comments:

Post a Comment